Best Wi-Fi chipsets for Linux and hostapd?

Morten W. Petersen morphex at gmail.com
Mon Dec 26 18:36:28 PST 2016

IIRC, I ran create_ap and it complained about the Realtek driver,
which led med to patch the Debian source package with the patch link
I've mentioned in a previous email.  Now things are running OK, but
hostapd still crashes if I connect an Android device and download
something >= 10 MBs in size.

To me it feels like patching something for a driver is something like
1999, and I've stumbled earlier with Linux and Wi-Fi.

That's why I'm asking about pro-Linux Wi-Fi producers, so I choose
something that works but also has been created by someone who hasn't
taken a shit on Linux for years and years.

-Morten

--
Videos at https://www.youtube.com/user/TheBlogologue
Twittering at http://twitter.com/blogologue