WPS: Connection Issue after EAP-Fail with same SSID and different BSSID

Krishna Chaitanya chaitanya.mgit at gmail.com
Tue Dec 13 10:43:10 PST 2016

On Tue, Dec 6, 2016 at 12:18 AM, Jouni Malinen <j at w1.fi> wrote:

> On Mon, Dec 05, 2016 at 08:42:40PM +0530, Krishna Chaitanya wrote:
> > In general i agree with the idea the always connect to the best network.
> > But problem with WPS is that we have already chosen the best network
> > and due to the disconnection triggered by protocol we may end up with
> > another AP. Again this could be ok from user point of view (as both
> > have same ssid), but this can cause a connection loop if every time after
> > provisioning we end up choosing other (remote case).
>
> Please note that the BSS selection rules for determining the best BSS
> for a connection are different for the WPS provisioning step and normal
> data association.
Yes.
> I'm not sure I understand what kind of connection loop
> you are talking about here, but as far as I can tell, the current
> functionality is correct and expected in this type of sequences.
I was thinking of a scenario (might not be practical) where in case of
highly mobile client,

we do provision with AP:A,
disconnect
Connect to AP-B (Need to check if this can be a actual connect/
another provision as the client already credentials but from a
different BSSID)

In case of provisioning with AP-B then client can get in to an
provisioning loop.