wpa_supplicant's control socket disappears after suspend (regression?)

Jouni Malinen j at w1.fi
Thu Dec 1 13:43:05 PST 2016

On Mon, Nov 21, 2016 at 12:07:49PM +0100, Andrew Shadura wrote:
> Does it maybe make sense to run wpa-supplicant in a way it always has
> the socket available as we're not really using per-device sockets (and
> therefore there can be only one /run/wpa_supplicant socket at any time).

You can do that with the global control interface (-g command line
parameter). The RESUME command can be issued on that global control
interface even if there are no currently configured network interfaces
in the wpa_supplicant process (e.g., using the same -g option with
wpa_cli). That global control interface can be a UNIX domain socket file
on the file system or from the abstract socket namespace (-g
@abstract:example).