On the proper use of the FST functionality

Petko Bordjukov bordjukov at gmail.com
Sun Aug 7 18:39:14 PDT 2016

On Fri, 05 Aug 2016 18:02:36 +0300,
Petko Bordjukov wrote:
> My setup is a system with two phys - one in the 2.4 GHz band and one in the 5
> GHz one. There is a single interface in managed mode on each of them.
>
> Is it possible for FST to be used in this scenario and what is the proper way of
> configuring hostapd in order to use it?

I was able to run hostapd with FST in this scenario, just had to have one config
file per interface and start the hostapd instance with both of them as parameters:

    hostapd phy0.conf phy1.conf

Now on to the next issue. Currently hostapd does not seem to add the MB IE to
any secondary BSSes that are configured on a given interface. Does it make sense
to be able to define an FST group per BSS instead of per interface?

---

Regards,
P.