eduroam disconnects with reason=3 (WPA-EAP, PEAP, MSCHAPv2)

Jouni Malinen j at w1.fi
Wed Apr 20 06:16:22 PDT 2016

On Wed, Apr 20, 2016 at 12:50:45PM +0300, Sergei Sinyak wrote:
> Hi. I've spent evening while gathering logs from that server at
> University. Here i have:
> - cisco log with authentication from laptop with wpa_supplicant 2.5
> and samsung android phone with wpa_supplicant 2.0
> https://gist.github.com/f82af07cb7c3e6ae13e4832be05ee3d6

This would need debug logs from the actual authentication server where
the PEAP exchange is terminated to know what exactly happened, but
anyway, if you did verify that authentication succeeds with TLS v1.2
(and potentially also v1.1) disabled (tls_disable_tlsv1_2=1 and
optionally also tls_disable_tlsv1_1=1 added to the phase1 parameter in
the wpa_supplicant network profiel), that would be a pretty conclusive
evidence of the issue being in the authentication server bug that causes
the server not to work with the current TLS version.