eduroam disconnects with reason=3 (WPA-EAP, PEAP, MSCHAPv2)

Sergei Sinyak serega.belarus at gmail.com
Wed Apr 6 10:35:15 PDT 2016

Hello.

I investigate the reason for disconnects from eduroam. Actually it
doesn't connect.

I am using ArchLinux:
networkmanager: 1.0.12-1
wpa_supplicant:  1:2.5-3
linux: 4.4.5-1.

>From December 2015 i am not able to connect to university eduroam hotspot.

It has WPA-Enterprise, PEAP, MSCHAPv2, RADIUS and they don't use
certificate verification. I should provide just login and password.

Actually my laptop doesn't connect at this time.But all android phones
do that quite well.

I will attach here config file from android phone. I have already
tried to apply it on my laptop, but it failed. Also I will provide log
from wpa_supplicant, actually i was trying to perform his actions
manually via wpa_cli.

My next steps are to debug it via wireshark. Also i will try to
checkout Ubuntu packages. Because Ubuntu users are still able to work
with this hotspot. So here is a question of some king mistreating
perhaps wpa_supplicant package. I don't know for sure.

https://gist.github.com/nartes/a7005354127ba04b2ec15055ce82faf2

Please, help!

student,
Sergei Sinyak