How to issue wps_pbc command to the right p2p interface

Jouni Malinen j
Sun Oct 11 14:37:34 PDT 2015

On Wed, Oct 07, 2015 at 01:30:11PM +0200, Andrea Chittano wrote:
> Anyway, I followed your suggestion but I still cannot correctly execute wps-pbc.Moreover, it seems that wpa_supplicant, started as shown below, does not use the p2p configuration file that I put in /etc/ folder. I say that because the Android devices I use to connect to wi-fi card on linux machine, do not notice the wi-fi card name.The p2p configuration file contains the following information:
> ctrl_interface=/var/run/wpa_supplicantap_scan=1device_name=P2P-Namedriver_param=use_p2p_group_interface=1p2p_go_intent=15
>
> These are the steps I followed:
> asd at asd:~/Desktop/wpa_supplicant-2.5/wpa_supplicant$ sudo ./wpa_supplicant -g/var/run/wpa_supplicant-global -c/etc/p2p.conf -dt -f/var/log/my_wpa_supplicant.log

That -c parameter without any interface (-i parameter) on the command
line does not do anything. If you want to use a specific configuration
file with an interface and do this from the command line, you'll need to
include both the -c and -i parameters.

> asd at asd:~/Desktop/wpa_supplicant-2.5/wpa_supplicant$ sudo ./wpa_cli -g/run/wpa_supplicant-global interface_add wlan2 "" nl80211 /var/run/wpa_supplicant

This is adding a new interface dynamically without specifying any
configuration file. If you want to specify a configuration file for a
dynamically added interface, that second parameter ("") is the place to
provide the path to the configuration file.