Help debug my authentication issue? (Part 1)

Frank Rizzo thefrankrizzo
Sun Oct 11 12:18:55 PDT 2015

Android Version 4.4.4, and I don't seem to have that option under
Developer options.  To make matters WORSE, when I type "log_level MSGDUMP"
into wpa_cli, I get back "UNKNOWN COMMAND".  The same with "level 3", or
just plain "log_level".  (Where as just "level" gets me a note about the
command requiring at least 1 argument.)

More info:

This is the wpa_supplicant.conf from the /data/misc/wifi/ directory:

ctrl_interface=/data/misc/wifi/sockets
disable_scan_offload=1
driver_param=use_multi_chan_concurrent=1
update_config=1
device_name=mantaray
manufacturer=samsung
model_name=Nexus 10
model_number=Nexus 10
serial_number=
device_type=10-0050F204-5
config_methods=physical_display virtual_push_button
p2p_disabled=1

network={
         ssid="TestNet"
         key_mgmt=WPA-EAP IEEE8021X