If STA connected using WPS PIN, then another STA can't connect with WPA2-PSK

Raghavendra. S raghavendra.akkasali
Thu Oct 8 06:30:32 PDT 2015

Hi,

In my testbed first STA connects to AP using WPS PIN. After that if Second
STA tries to connect using WPA-PSK and passphrase then it is failing.

I could see after WPS-PIN my hostapd.conf got changed as below:

# WPS configuration - START
wps_state=2
ssid=test
wpa=3
wpa_key_mgmt=WPA-PSK
wpa_pairwise=CCMP TKIP
wpa_passphrase=ldD/RvYwaM57dcKe5cPbxw
auth_algs=1
# WPS configuration - END
interface=wlan0
ctrl_interface=/var/run/hostapd
device_type=1-0050F204-1
#WPS# ssid=test
channel=1
rts_threshold=2346
fragm_threshold=2346
beacon_int=100
dtim_period=3
max_listen_interval=65535
ignore_broadcast_ssid=0
wmm_enabled=1
preamble=0
uapsd_advertisement_enabled=1
wpa_group_rekey=0
#WPS# wps_state=1
uuid=87654321-9abc-def0-1234-56789abc0000
device_name=Wireless AP
manufacturer=Company
model_name=WAP
model_number=123
serial_number=12345
os_version=01020300
config_methods=label display push_button keypad
eap_server=1
#WPS# wpa=3
#WPS# auth_algs=1
#WPS# wpa_passphrase=12345678
#WPS# wpa_key_mgmt=WPA-PSK
#WPS# wpa_pairwise=TKIP CCMP
#WPS# rsn_pairwise=TKIP CCMP

So I tried to reconfigure using:

hostapd_cli SET wpa 3
hostapd_cli SET auth_algs 1
hostapd_cli SET wpa_key_mgmt WPA-PSK
hostapd_cli SET wpa_pairwise CCMP
hostapd_cli SET rsn_pairwise CCMP
hostapd_cli SET wpa_passphrase 12345678
hostapd_cli SET wps_state 1
hostapd_cli WPS_AP_PIN disable

Still 2nd STA failed to connect using WPA-PSK. Also hostapd.conf is not
updated and config is not applied run time. But get_config displays
recently executed configuration.

I would like to know is there a method to update hostapd.conf and also to
update runtime config, by which I can make second non WPS STA connection
working.

I am using hostapd v2.0

-Raghu