setup for authenticating stations on different VLANs

Preyas Kamath preyaskamath
Sun Oct 4 07:53:31 PDT 2015

I have the hostapd running on a ARM9x processor running Linux 2.6.30 that
authenticates up to 20 ports on a Marvell switch. I have different
stations/ports on different vlans and I'm trying to authenticate the
station/port based on VLAN id. I've setup my hostapd.conf with the
following

vlan_file=/etc/hostapd.vlan
vlan_tagged_interface=eth0
#vlan_bridge=brvlan
vlan_naming=1

Here is the hostapd.vlan file
# VLAN ID to network interface mapping
101 eth0.101
102 eth0.102
103 eth0.103
104 eth0.104
105 eth0.105
107 eth0.107
108 eth0.108
..

I've setup the driver_hostpad.c to register the set_sta_vlan() callback.
When I invoke hostapd, I get the following errors. It seems callback isn't
getting invoked. Ideas, suggestion?

VLAN: Could not remove VLAN iface: guest: Address family not supported by
protocol
VLAN: Could not remove VLAN iface: eth0.120: Address family not supported
by protocol
VLAN: Could not remove VLAN iface: eth0.119: Address family not supported
by protocol
VLAN: Could not remove VLAN iface: eth0.118: Address family not supported
by protocol
VLAN: Could not remove VLAN iface: eth0.117: Address family not supported
by protocol
VLAN: Could not remove VLAN iface: eth0.116: Address family not supported
by protocol
VLAN: Could not remove VLAN iface: eth0.115: Address family not supported
by protocol
VLAN: Could not remove VLAN iface: eth0.114: Address family not supported
by protocol
VLAN: Could not remove VLAN iface: eth0.113: Address family not supported
by protocol
VLAN: Could not remove VLAN iface: eth0.112: Address family not supported
by protocol
VLAN: Could not remove VLAN iface: eth0.111: Address family not supported
by protocol
VLAN: Could not remove VLAN iface: eth0.110: Address family not supported
by protocol
VLAN: Could not remove VLAN iface: eth0.109: Address family not supported
by protocol
VLAN: Could not remove VLAN iface: eth0.108: Address family not supported
by protocol