Client reboots, can't reconnect for 5-8 minutes?

Jouni Malinen j at w1.fi
Fri Nov 27 10:37:35 PST 2015

On Tue, Nov 24, 2015 at 12:54:38PM -0800, Frank Rizzo wrote:
> I was using the 3.13.0-68 version of the kernel on Ubuntu.  (Which
> is the version that exhibited this problem).  I just updated to
> 3.19.0-33 version, and the problem went AWAY.  Not sure if this is
> because of an updated wireless driver, or what.  But figured I'd
> pass that along.  It might help someone in the future.

My guess would be on the wireless driver.. The logcat files and hostapd
debug log you sent show that after tablet reboot the AP is receiving
Authentication frames from the tablet and hostapd is trying to respond
to them. However, it looks like the response frame does not delivered to
the tablet for some reason. Based on the comment on restarting hostapd
fixing this, I'd guess that the old driver version was unable to send
out Authentication frame properly when the old association and
encryption key was configured.