Hostapd AP SSID broadcast problem

Pertti Niinimäki itprosenior at welho.com
Wed Nov 18 09:59:04 PST 2015

Thanks a lot - kiitos!
That was clear and exact answer to my question and problem.  I couldn’t
find any help from internet referring to this Beacon frames transmission
differences.
The adapter used is Ralink based Wi-PI dongle. It is using automatically
RT2800USB device driver.
Originally I had  driver option in hostapd.conf as driver=nl80211 (kernel
interface ?)
Yesterday I did some fiddling with driver options and restarts.
Lsmod command is now  showing  mac80211 as loaded driver,
even current config  still specifies nl80211?

What is best – last night my  remote location wifi IPS camera been has woken
up and
WORKS after more than one week.
May be there is some race condition which driver is picked up. Anyway
mac80211
seems to correct? I have to study this a bit more.
Thank you for the help – Hostap seems to be robust and versatile software.
I’m now much more aware of its capabilities.

Regards
Pertti Niinimäki