Hostapd AP SSID broadcast problem

Alexandre Epert alex.epert at gmail.com
Tue Nov 17 07:13:36 PST 2015

Hi,

If I understand you have 1 camera which is not working when you try to
hide SSID.

Have you tried your conf without "ignore_broadcast_ssid" option?
Do you have this problem with 1 equipment or more?

I use this hostapd.conf file :

interface=wlan0
bridge=br0
#hw_mode=g
channel=6
ieee80211d=1
country_code=FR
ieee80211n=1
#ieee80211ac=1
wmm_enabled=1
ignore_broadcast_ssid=0
ctrl_interface=/var/run/hostapd
ctrl_interface_group=0
ssid=Whatever

I can hide SSID if need to with that configuration file.

Regards,

Alex