Local power constraint with hostapd in HOSTAPD_MODE_IEEE80211G

Jouni Malinen j
Mon May 25 07:54:57 PDT 2015

On Wed, May 13, 2015 at 07:51:14PM +0300, Petko Bordjukov wrote:
> I was wondering is there a reason why the power constraint element
> should not be added to beacons on the 2.4 GHz band?
>
> Could the conditions in hostapd_eid_pwr_constraint be modified in a
> way to permit usage with HOSTAPD_MODE_IEEE80211G, too?

The IEEE Std 802.11-2012 rule for including the Power Constraint
element in Beacon frames is "present if dot11SpectrumManagementRequired
is true and is optionally present if dot11RadioMeasurementActivated is
true". The former is mainly for DFS (5 GHz) cases. The latter is not
fully supported currently. I guess it would be fine to add these element
on 2.4 GHz band as well, at least if radio measurement support were to
be more complete.