Not able to set u-apsd for P2P client

Krishna Chaitanya chaitanya.mgit
Fri May 22 02:51:44 PDT 2015

On Fri, May 8, 2015 at 8:16 PM, Krishna Chaitanya
<chaitanya.mgit at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> We are having trouble making the uapsd working in p2p client case. Is
> this broken? or is there a way to configure the uapsd for p2p client
> case?
>

> case a) p2p client with p2p_no_group_iface=1
>
> When trying to change the mode from MANAGED to P2P_CLIENT the sdata is
> being cleared so the previous change of uapsd_queue=0xF is being
> cleared and default value is taken.
>
> case b) with p2p_no_group_iface=0
>
> As the interface is dynamically created, we cannot use the mac80211
> debugfs to set the uapsd_queues.
> I have tried "wpa_cli p2p_set client_apsd 1,1,1,1" but it is not taking effect.

May be this is more of a mac80211 issue, currently while preparing
association request frame mac80211 uses imgd->uapsd_queues, so
need fetch that information from usespace up on interface addition viz.
a nl command? curently only NL command which has this info is ADD_STA
which is used in TDLS case.

Any ideas are appreciated.