Multiple wlans' bssids

Yury Shvedov yshvedov
Wed May 20 23:24:25 PDT 2015

Hello,

according to this
<http://wiki.stocksy.co.uk/wiki/Multiple_SSIDs_with_hostapd> many other
sources and my experience of hostapd's code modifying the mac address of
base virtual interface must be multiple to 0x8 at the last octet. After
my simple modifications of hostapd's code this this requirement gone,
and hostapd uses original address of wireless interface for the first
bss (hostapd_iface::bss[0]). But when I'm trying to add another bss,
driver fails to create it with the error like "Could not set interface
wlan1-2 hwaddr: Invalid argument".

Can someone please explain me what the reason of such behaviour? Could I