p2p bug/feature when using intel 7260 and 5GHz

Peer, Ilan ilan.peer
Sat May 16 23:38:52 PDT 2015

> BTW, is there special reason you don't allow beaconing on 5180 for 7260?
> I see there is RELAX_NO_IR option, but not sure this is usefull for 7260.

This depends on the regulatory SKU of the device, which in your case does not allow beaconing on 5180 (and probably on other 5.2 frequencies as well). The RELAX_NO_IR would be helpful if wpa_supplicant would have the support for it, but the series of patches [1] to enable this is pending in Jouni's queue. However, even with this support, using 5180 would be allowed only on some cases, such as also having an additional station interface associated to an AP in the same UNII band etc. [2]

[1] http://w1.fi/p/p2p-go-regulatory-flags/
[2] Concurrent GO Relaxation https://wireless.wiki.kernel.org/en/developers/regulatory/processing_rules

Regards,

Ilan.