Unable to connect to WPA2-Enterprise since 2.4-r1: WPA_ALG_PMK bug?

Ralf Ramsauer ralf+hostap
Mon May 4 09:59:41 PDT 2015

Hi,

so here's the news:

Freeradius 2.2.6 fails to connect with

    May 04 17:43:03 lefay wpa_supplicant[642]: nl80211: Unexpected
    encryption algorithm 5

Freeradius 2.2.7 just works fine.
But keep in mind, in most cases people do not have access to the wifi
backend :)

And as I don't know the backend of my university, I don't know what
they're using.

FYI: Today i read that Arch downgraded to wpa_supplicant 2.3 referencing
on this thread [1]. Initially it was reported at [2] by someone else.
Some others seem to have experienced the same bug.

Cheers
  Ralf

[1]
https://projects.archlinux.org/svntogit/packages.git/commit/trunk?h=packages/wpa_supplicant&id=7562b98bd83fe5bce43e6952e0e922e7791e18b5