fi.w1.wpa_supplicant1.BSS.WPS always blank

Eric Schultz wwahammy
Sun May 3 18:39:01 PDT 2015

All,

I've been trying to add support for WPS to GNOME Network Manager. As part
of this process, I'm trying to access the WPS property on all of the
fi.w1.wpa_supplicant1.BSS D-Bus objects. As I understand it, the WPS
property should indicate which types of WPS methods a BSS supports. In my
case though, all of the BSS's WPS Type dictionary entries are empty,
indicating that the device does not support either PIN or PBC WPS methods.
I've verified this from both inside my NetworkManager code and using the
d-feet D-Bus object explorer.

Am I correctly understanding what the WPS property should contain? If so,
why would the property be empty for routers I know support WPS? If not,
what's the proper way of getting this information?

Any help you could provide would be much appreciated. In case you're
wondering, I'm running Fedora 21 workstation, with the built in version of
wpa_supplicant. Thanks for any help you can provide.

Eric