P2P: GO: Disconnect from wpa_cli does not remove the dynamic interface

Krishna Chaitanya chaitanya.mgit
Fri Mar 27 04:14:08 PDT 2015

On Fri, Mar 27, 2015 at 4:22 PM, Jouni Malinen <j at w1.fi> wrote:
> On Fri, Mar 27, 2015 at 02:55:05PM +0530, Krishna Chaitanya wrote:
>> We are using a dynamic interface for P2P operations with a
>> p2p_group_idle of 1 so that the interface gets removed immediately
>> after the disconnection.
>>
>> After forming a group, if we initiate disconnect from the peer the
>> interface gets removed properly through ap_free_stas.
>>
>> But instead if we use "disconnect" from wpa_cli, we see that the peer
>> gets disconnected but the interface is not removed because in
>> wpa_supplicant_ap_deinit we are removing the p2p group and then as a
>> part of hostapd_interface_deinit we try to call ap_free_stas, but as
>> p2p->group is NULL the idle_update is never called.
>>
>> So what is the best way to handle this?
>
> "P2P_GROUP_REMOVE <ifname>" is the correct way of terminating a P2P
> group. "DISCONNECT" has very different meaning and should not be used if
> you are terminating the group.
I understand that disconnect makes sense only for STA modes.
But we are still handling disconnect event for p2p group, so wouldn't
it be better
if we handle the dynamic interface as well?