mac address spoofing doubt

Imanol Fuidio imanol.fuidio
Thu Mar 26 06:23:25 PDT 2015

Yes, this is the answer I was looking for. I'm experiencing issues in ICMP
because of this, but both devices receive the frames.

Thanks,

Imanol

On Thu, Mar 26, 2015 at 2:14 PM, Jouni Malinen <j at w1.fi> wrote:

> On Thu, Mar 26, 2015 at 09:30:55AM +0100, Imanol Fuidio wrote:
> > With vulnerability I refer to the fact that a STA can mimic the MAC
> address
> > of another one, maybe the wording is not correct. Even if an open network
> > does not provide protection, I'd like to know the feasibility to have two
> > devices with the same MAC address in the same hotspot with internet.
>
> If you are asking whether it is feasible for someone to make a device
> that is capable of doing this while ignoring the protocol requirements,
> then yes, that could be done. Obviously, it would result in issues with
> two devices potentially reacting to frames at the same time. Anyway, I'm
> not sure I understand what exactly you are asking for here.
>
> --

[image: Fon] <http://www.fon.com/>Imanol FuidioR&D Engineer+34
946545847Skype: imanol.fonAll information in this email is
confidential <http://corp.fon.com/legal/email-disclaimer>