Unable to compile hostapd 2.4 - hlr_auc_gw can't be compiled.

Jouni Malinen j
Fri Mar 20 06:03:57 PDT 2015

On Thu, Mar 19, 2015 at 10:13:49PM +0100, Conrad Kostecki wrote:
> The shipped defconfig also does not work for me. I don't think, that
> this is a .config problem.
> At least, when I reverse commit
> 983c6a606bc839248ea0c69090e60c095a655bc6, I can compile it.
>
> "Use OpenSSL HMAC_* functions to implement HMAC-MD5 instead of depending
> on the src/crypto/md5.c implementation."
>
> Due hmac_md5 and hmac_md5_vector definied both in crypto_openssl.c
> and md5.c that happens.
> So, why is it during compiling including both?

Looks like I forgot to make md5.o inclusion conditional for hlr_auc_gw.
I did cover all the programs that are build by default, but hlr_auc_gw
wasn't and my only test build case for it ended up missing this due to
the CONFIG_NO_RANDOM_POOL=y case. I'll fix this to skip md5.o for
hlr_auc_gw whenever building with OpenSSL.