Adding extra ie to p2p_group

Jouni Malinen j
Sat Mar 14 02:03:04 PDT 2015

On Tue, Mar 10, 2015 at 10:59:13PM +0600, Nazmul Alam wrote:
> I am using wpa_supplicant 2.0 with ath9k device (TL-WN722N) and trying to
> add some extra ie when a p2p group is created.

> So, Can anyone suggest where to look so that the p2p_group is created with
> additional ies?

I'd recommend moving to the current wpa_supplicant version and using
VENDOR_ELEM_ADD control interface command before started the group. For
example, "VENDOR_ELEM_ADD 3 dd050011223344" would add an IE to the
Beacon frame from the GO. More details on how to use this is in the
commit message for the change that added the VENDOR_ELEM_ADD command:
http://w1.fi/cgit/hostap/commit/?id=86bd36f0d5b3d359075c356d68977b4d2e7c9f71