Preparations for v2.4 release

Jouni Malinen j
Sat Mar 7 12:18:27 PST 2015

There has been some requests to create a new wpa_supplicant and hostapd
release and we are already somewhat overdue based on earlier discussions
on the release process. I wanted to get couple of items completed before
the release and while some pending things still remain, I'm not sure
there would be any better time coming up in the near term, so we might
as well get the release out now and then get back to some larger
changes.

In preparation for the release, the master branch is now temporarily
closed for any new functionality, i.e., only bug fixes and new test
cases are accepted. I'm thinking of pushing the release out in a week or
so if nothing critical shows up. In other words, additional testing of
the current hostap.git master branch snapshot would be welcome. Please
also let me know if I have missed some earlier contributions that should
really make it into the release (keeping in mind the comment about no
new functionality at this point in time).