Driver support for RTL8188{C,CU,CUS} wifi chips

Petros Aggelatos petrosagg
Wed Mar 4 06:01:08 PST 2015

Hi Mark,

You were right about the latest drivers. The reason they wouldn't work
for me is because the Raspberry Pi foundation disabled the rtlwifi
driver from their tree in 2012 [1] and it has been like that since.
After I patched the sources to actually compile rtlwifi it worked
fine, I didn't even had to add the RFC patches you pointed me at.

[1] https://github.com/raspberrypi/linux/commit/a9dd0a015a3a3f9809d58735247caeee5614a068

Thanks a lot for your help,
Petros