p2p_mgmt interface and tdls_init

Krishna Chaitanya chaitanya.mgit
Thu Jun 25 08:10:51 PDT 2015

On Thu, Jun 25, 2015 at 8:21 PM, Arend van Spriel <arend at broadcom.com> wrote:
> On 06/25/15 16:47, Arend van Spriel wrote:
>>
>> On 06/25/15 16:21, Krishna Chaitanya wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I wanted to know the reason for blocking TDLS L2 Packet registration
>>> if the driver doesn't support
>>> dedicated p2p interface.
>>>
>>> this was introduced in this commit
>>> http://lists.shmoo.com/pipermail/hostap/2013-May/028008.html
>>>

>> The intention was to block it for the dedicated p2p interface as it is
>> not transporting data and looking at the patch it is doing that, but I
>> might be wrong.
>

> Looking at it again I support "dedicated p2p interface" is not same as P2P
> device interface. The patch avoids l2 for both, but for "dedicated p2p
> interface" it was already true before this patch. But the flag is a driver
> flag so not sure if that is a correct check.
Currently the check is as below: It checks for both DRIVER capability
and adding p2p_dev interface.

#ifdef CONFIG_TDLS
        if ((!iface->p2p_mgmt ||
             !(wpa_s->drv_flags &
               WPA_DRIVER_FLAGS_DEDICATED_P2P_DEVICE)) &&
            wpa_tdls_init(wpa_s->wpa))
                return -1;
#endif /* CONFIG_TDLS */

So is my understanding, this check is to avoid
registering for EAPOL/TDLS framesfor P2P_DEV interface, correct?