Problem with the ROAM wpa_cli command and external scans.

Jouni Malinen j
Fri Jul 10 12:59:11 PDT 2015

On Fri, Jul 10, 2015 at 11:00:38AM -0700, Ben Greear wrote:
> I can look into doing it with wpa_cli.  But, why/when would you want to ignore
> external scans anyway?

The main reason for that change was in avoiding issues with
wpa_supplicant BSS entries getting remove due to BSS not found in the
latest scan. The problem for this is in wpa_supplicant not knowing all
the scan parameters for externally triggered scans. It looked cleanest
to simply avoid processing such scan results rather than add more code
to try to figure out what exactly the scan was used for and what kind of
effect it should have on existing BSS entries.