wpa_cli: connect 3 device in a p2p group with WiFi Direct

Stefano Cappa stefano.cappa
Wed Jan 7 03:02:00 PST 2015

Ok thank u for the answer and sorry for my delay.
Yeah, good point.

I solved the problem, and i want to explain how for other people:
-After the connection between two devices i executed this command on device 1 (GO):
wpa_cli -iP2P_GROUP_INTERFACE_CREATED_BEFORE -p"socket_folder"
In this interactive instance of wpa_cli i used "wps_pbc". Now i'm sure that wps_pbc is running on the correct interface.

After that on device 3 i executed "p2p_connect device1address pbc join"
And all three devices are connected.

Ok, now is working, but it's probably a GOOD IDEA to add a parameter to the command "wps_pbc" in wpa_cli to specify the interface. I lost one entire month for this thing.

Only one small question, not really necessary now, but i'm really curious: how can i pass this command "IFNAME=p2p-wlan0-0 WPS_PBC" in wpa_cli? I should use raw... or driver...? I don't understand.

Da: hostap-bounces at lists.shmoo.com <hostap-bounces at lists.shmoo.com> per conto di Jouni Malinen <j at w1.fi>
Inviato: domenica 21 dicembre 2014 22.28
A: hostap at lists.shmoo.com
Oggetto: Re: wpa_cli: connect 3 device in a p2p group with WiFi Direct

On Fri, Dec 19, 2014 at 01:59:38PM +0000, Stefano Cappa wrote:
> I'm using this simply writing on the command line of device 1 (the Group Owner): "wps_pbc".
>
> Why? I need to pass some parameters to this command?

You need to send that command to the correct interface, i.e., the group
interface (which could be something like p2p-wlan0-0) instead of the
global control interface or the main station interface. In other words,
that command is correct, but I'd assume you are issuing it to an
incorrect destination. I do not know how exactly the control interfaces
are configured to be used on the device you use, so I cannot provide the
exact command line that would need to be used. You could try something
like "IFNAME=p2p-wlan0-0 WPS_PBC" on the global control interface (and
replacing that "p2p-wlan0-0" part with the group interface name from the
P2P-GROUP-STARTED event).