hostapd: RADIUS client does not reattempt connection to external RADIUS server after hostapd startup first attempt connection fails.

Jouni Malinen j
Sat Feb 28 07:18:56 PST 2015

On Thu, Jan 22, 2015 at 02:06:48AM +0000, Chrishanton Vethanayagam wrote:
> I have faced the above subject matter when using thelatest git sources and built hostapd.This issue is not a problem in hostapd stable releaseversions 2.1 and earlier.
> Is there intention to reattempt connection to RADIUSserver after start-up first attempt connection fail?If so, the below is an analysis of what changed fromstable release 2.2 onwards.

Yes, this was supposed to work, but there was a regression in how the
case of initial connect() failing was handled. There were number of
related fixes over the past year or so in the failover behavior, but
unfortunately this initial case was a bit difficult to script for hwsim
regression test cases. I've now added means for doing such testing and
also fixed this behavior on initial connect() in hostap.git.