Reading wpa_supplicant.conf content without reconfigure (wpa_ctrl interface)

Jouni Malinen j
Sat Feb 21 02:09:34 PST 2015

On Mon, Feb 16, 2015 at 03:22:01PM +0100, Bartlomiej Grzeskowiak wrote:
> I am preparing my own wpa_supplicant GUI (via wpa_ctrl interface). Together
> with scan_results i would like to show which Access Point is already stored
> in wpa_supplicant.conf file.
> Is it possible to get it without sending "RECONFIGURE" command ?
> "RECONFIGURE" command leads to re-authenticate and re-connect, which is not
> desired in this case.

I'm not sure I understand how RECONFIGURE is related to this.
Furthermore, access points are not really stored in wpa_supplicant.conf
file. Are you talking of displaying the configured network profiles? If
so, LIST_NETWORKS command can be used to fetch the list of all network
profiles.