ACS seems not to select the best channel in 2.4GHz.

Jouni Malinen j
Sun Feb 8 05:41:15 PST 2015

On Sun, Feb 08, 2015 at 06:55:06AM -0500, Jeremy Ward wrote:
> Ok. I was thinking about the apparent preference that the previous
> algorithm appeared to have for channels at the band edge, would that not
> also be a consideration in 5 as well
> -- or did I miss something? :-)

That preference was there only because of the 2.4 GHz specific code that
used a sum of interference factors from adjacent channels. For 5 GHz, no
such operation was (or is now) there and as such, there was no
preference for band edges either.

The new acs_chan_bias parameter can now be used both for 2.4 GHz and 5
GHz bands to specify a preference for some channels.