IP assignment and authenticated port

Sarah Thomas sarah040.thomas
Tue Feb 3 01:08:22 PST 2015

Hi Scott,

  By saying client  should'nt be able to send DHCP request, do you mean the
broadcast message from the client or any other message?

Because I see the below in code (where dhcp broadcast message can be used
for station detection)

/* *setup dhcp listen socket for sta detection* */
    if ((drv->dhcp_sock = socket(PF_INET, SOCK_DGRAM, IPPROTO_UDP)) < 0) {
        perror("socket call failed for dhcp");
        return -1;
    }

    if (eloop_register_read_sock(drv->dhcp_sock, handle_dhcp, drv->ctx,
                     NULL)) {
        printf("Could not register read socket\n");
        return -1;
    }

Thanks,
Sarah