IP assignment and authenticated port

Sarah Thomas sarah040.thomas
Mon Feb 2 22:02:04 PST 2015

Hi,

  The intention is to port hostapd on a wired switch. So, wanted to
understand, whether there will be any interaction between dhcp server and
the port authorization by 802.1x?  I read somewhere, only after the port is
authenticated by 802.1x, IP address will be assigned to the clients and
layer 3 communication will start between the client and switch. So wanted
to know, how this port authorization info is communicated to dhcp server?

Thanks,
Sarah.