will wpa_supplication support for advanced AP features (e.g. mac address based authentication)

邢冲 xingchong at gmail.com
Mon Dec 28 02:49:32 PST 2015

Hi, All

We are using AP mode of wpa_supplicant in our embed device.(Actually we are
using connman, while connman uses wpa_supplicant).

As I know wpa_supplicant only implements a subset of hostapd. For example,
we want the feature of mac address based authentication, which only exists
in hostapd, and missing in wpa_supplicant.

Is there any plan that wpa_supplicant support such AP features?

Or even will hostapd and wpa_supplicant be merged?And so that we can expect
connman/wpa_supplicant delivery advanced AP features.

thanks