wpa_supplicant 2.4/2.5 issue with some Intel chipsets

Evangelos Foutras evangelos at foutrelis.com
Sun Dec 27 06:10:47 PST 2015

On 27/12/15 16:00, Peer, Ilan wrote:
> Not sure how this solves things .. I would expect this still to fail
> even with -m. :) Anyway, if you want to properly disable P2P
> operation, use p2p_disabled=1 in the configuration file of the main
> interface. This way you'll not have P2P Device interface
> initialized.

p2p_disabled=1 was suggested by one user but I would prefer having this
fixed in wpa_supplicant; it is, however, something that netctl's author
could consider adding in the future. [1]

As for -m '', it most likely works as a poor man's p2p_disabled=1. :)

[1] https://bugs.archlinux.org/task/44731#comment142060