MAC filtering

M. Braun michael-dev at fami-braun.de
Fri Dec 11 06:24:52 PST 2015

Hi,

you need to understand that the MAC address is the unique station
identifier contained in each WiFi packet. So when a station tries to
change its MAC address, it appears to be a different station to the
AccessPoint.
That way WPA-keys derived are also bound to the station MAC address -
otherwise the AP would just not choose to use them for a specific packet.

Regards,
 M. Braun