Regression in 3.9 caused by "bridge: respect RFC2863 operational state"

YanBo dreamfly281 at gmail.com
Thu Dec 3 18:31:19 PST 2015

 Sorry to pick up this thread again,  it looks this issue still
existed  in the newer 4.3 kernel. (The EAP frames can not be received
by wireless interface due to the bridge interface,
http://marc.info/?l=linux-wireless&m=136743495526905&w=2)

 Wonder is anyone know some update for this issue?  Currently the only
workaround is make the 4-address  AP and STA associated in security
mode firstly and then create the bridge, the renew key configuration
also need be disable at the hostapd side to  avoid renew the key at
bridge status.

Thanks
Yanbo