Dynamic deny list check in hostapd

Silvia SH sildie6 at gmail.com
Thu Dec 3 07:31:06 PST 2015

Dear all,

We have a use case where we would like to update the deny list of
hostapd without having to reboot hostapd, since this would affect
other connected users.

We have tried updating hostapd.deny but the running instance of
hostapd ignores the modifications until it is rebooted. Do you know if
there is any way to force hostapd to poll the hostapd.deny file
proactively upon a new stations trying to associate ?

If this functionality is not available, could anyone indicate us what
would be the best way in the source code to try to implement this
feature?

Thanks!