BSS traffic priority

Sergey Ryazanov ryazanov.s.a
Sat Aug 15 16:49:17 PDT 2015

Hello Yury,

> Hi, I have a task to prioritize the BSSes' traffic withing one
> interface. E.G. I have WLAN A with higher priority than WLAN B on one
> interface. Say, interface could pass 6 mbps and we have 4 mbps traffic
> for A clients and 4mbps for B clients from a wire. In this case my
> implementation must eject in the air 4 mbps for A clients and 2mbps for
> B clients.
>
> So is there any way to configure or modify hostapd to implement such
> functionality?

If  you  need  some  point  at  which  you see the packets toward both
wireless   interfaces   and  can  do  a  shaping,  try  using  virtual
interfaces,  something  like  ifb or veth. This is for Linux, other OS
contain own facilities.

And, as Jouni already mentioned, shaping is not hostapd task.

--
Sergey