Problem with disconnect and reconnect

Jouni Malinen j
Mon Apr 27 15:01:38 PDT 2015

On Mon, Apr 27, 2015 at 12:44:13PM -0700, Marlon Smith wrote:
> I'm using wpa_supplicant with nl80211 and the rt2800usb driver in my
> application, which allows user to connect to a network or create an
> access point.  I'm using the dbus interface of wpa_supplicant to control
> the connection.
>
> The user is able to enable/disable the connection via a menu, and when
> they do I use AddNetwork and SelectNetwork to connect, and RemoveNetwork
> to disconnect.  This works until the user tries to connect a second
> time, at which point I get one of two errors, depending on whether it's
> an access point or connected to a network:
>
> In AP mode, I see this error: "wlan0: Skip scan - interface
> disabled" (and when I use dbus to get the state it returns
> interface_disabled)

Maybe the rt2800usb driver does not support changing interface type from
AP to station without requiring the interface to be set down first and
this could somehow get into state where the interface is assumed to be
disabled (and well, it is, for a very short moment). None of the drivers
I test with show this, so I would need to see full debug log to say why
this happens.