Adhoc network disappears after about a minute

Marlon Smith marlon.smith10
Thu Apr 23 16:47:47 PDT 2015

Hi everyone,

I'm using wpa_supplicant to create an adhoc network, but after about a
minute the network seems to disappear (I can no longer see it from
another device).  Here are the settings I'm using:

ap_scan: 2
ssid: testadhoc
key_mgmt: NONE
wep_key0: 12345
mode: 1

I've also tried setting the frequency and setting scan_ssid to 1 but the
results are the same.

Does anyone know why the network would be going down so quickly?  I'd
like it to stay up permanently.

I've been posting in a similar thread about creating an AP instead of
using adhoc mode.  Either method would solve my problem, but I thought
it might be best to ask the questions separately as the implementations
and errors are different.

Thanks!

Marlon