hostapd: add 'driver' command support (under ANDROID flag)

Arend van Spriel arend
Mon Oct 6 02:29:18 PDT 2014

On 06-10-14 11:11, Garcia, Jeremie wrote:
> Hello Jouni,
>
> Thanks for answering.
> I understand your comment.
> In order to remain vendor agnostic, I initially planned to use the vendor extension functionality ("vendor" command).
> However, this feature is available from kernel 3.14. However I would need to deal with older kernels.
> So to remain backward compatible with older kernels, I wanted to use the DRIVER command instead.

The vendor command does not make it driver/vendor agnostic. It is
similar to the driver command, but using a differently transport layer,
ie. nl80211. To get vendor agnostic you would have to get new NL80211
commands in place that can replace the DRIVER commands and somehow
backport that to older kernels (eq. using backports framework).

Regards,
Arend