Could not select hw_mode and channel. (-3)

Lasse Jensen and0806
Wed Nov 19 14:59:03 PST 2014

Hi List
I have a problem with my hostapd setup.
I got a Sparklan WPEA-352ACN 802.11ac/b/g/n Mini Card, Qualcomm Atheros QCA9880-BR4A
and i want to use the 802.11ac speed but i only got 4 usable channels in the 5Ghz area, channel
36, 40, 44, 48. If i try to use a channel between 52 and 165 i get this:
  [root at localhost ~]# hostapd /etc/hostapd/hostapd.conf
  Configuration file: /etc/hostapd/hostapd.conf
  wlp1s0: interface state UNINITIALIZED->COUNTRY_UPDATE
  wlp1s0: IEEE 802.11 Configured channel (64) not found from the channel list of current mode (2) IEEE 802.11a
  wlp1s0: IEEE 802.11 Hardware does not support configured channel
  Could not select hw_mode and channel. (-3)
  wlp1s0: interface state COUNTRY_UPDATE->DISABLED
  wlp1s0: AP-DISABLED
  wlp1s0: Unable to setup interface.
  hostapd_free_hapd_data: Interface wlp1s0 wasn't started
same thing if i try to enable 40 or 80 MHz channel width,
I have used hostapd v2.3 and v2.4-devel with kernel 3.17.2 and i have tested all the firmware images for the ath10k modul
I think it has something to do with my reg domain "DK" and the DFS options in the driver, but i can?t figure it out?
I have read that there is a module option "Atheros DFS support for certified platforms" in some kernel,
but i don?t have that compile build option in my menuconfig in kernel 3.17.2?

  [root at localhost ~]# iw reg get
  country DK: DFS-UNSET
          (2402 - 2482 @ 40), (N/A, 20)
          (5170 - 5250 @ 40), (N/A, 20)
          (5250 - 5330 @ 40), (N/A, 20), DFS
          (5490 - 5710 @ 40), (N/A, 27), DFS
          (57240 - 65880 @ 2160), (N/A, 40), NO-OUTDOOR

DFS-UNSET?? what??

Can some one tell me a little about this... or point me in the right direction, show me were I go wrong.
I want real 802.11ac speed and i can only get every thing to play nice at 2,4Ghz under 802.11n speed and 802.11b/g but i got this QCA9880 to get the full 802.11ac 3x3 speed.

Best regards Lasse