openvswitch and hostap?

James Harper james
Fri Nov 14 16:01:22 PST 2014

Is hostap compatible with openvswitch? If so, do I need to do anything extra?

When I add wlan0 to the vswitch manually, nothing can authenticate. When I put bridge= in the config file, hostapd fails to start. strace says it is looking for some files in /sys that don't exist (/sys/class/net/wlan0/brport/bridge). Those relate to the legacy bridge code, and openvswitch doesn't even have a compatibility layer for that anymore.

I had a look around /sys and there doesn't seem to be anything that would allow hostapd to determine if the wlan interface is part of a bridge or not...

Thanks

James