Doubt regarding HESSID configuration variable

Sreenath S sreenath.mailing.lists
Wed Nov 5 04:14:02 PST 2014

Hello Jouni,

As per README-HS20, HESSID configuration variable can use used to
filter scan results if interworking is enabled.

# Homogenous ESS identifier
# If this is set, scans will be used to request response only from BSSes
# belonging to the specified Homogeneous ESS. This is used only if interworking
# is enabled.
#hessid=00:11:22:33:44:55

But I am not able to test this in wpa_supplicant. Even I couldn't see
any code which uses the hessid mentioned in configuration file while
processing scan results.

Can you please tell how to use this hessid field?

Regards,
Sreenath