What is needed to support EAP-AKA with HS20?

Jouni Malinen j
Tue Mar 4 13:38:18 PST 2014

On Tue, Mar 04, 2014 at 12:24:32PM -0800, Ben Greear wrote:
> Would this be the pertinent example?
>
> #cred={
> #	imsi="310026-000000000"
> #	milenage="90dca4eda45b53cf0f12d7c9c3bc6a89:cb9cccc4b9258e6dca4760379fb82"
> #}

Not really. I was talking about the AP side configuration. You would
need to have anqp_3gpp_cell_net in hostapd.conf to match the SIM/USIM on
the station side. The function you referred to in wpa_supplicant was for
a case where NAI Realm list is used to select the network while SIM/USIM
would use this 3GPP Cellular Network information. Obviously you do also
need to configure the station side with a suitable SIM/USIM credential,
e.g., with that cred block here if you are doing this for testing
purposes without a real SIM/USIM, but that's a separate point.

> And if so, in the example conf, there is this:
>
> # milenage: Milenage parameters for SIM/USIM simulator in <Ki>:<OPc>:<SQN>
> #       format
>

> Looks like we don't really care about SQN when configuring a 'cred' section?

EAP-AKA and EAP-AKA' do care about the SQN.