HotSpot2.0 with hostapd and Galaxy S4

Oussama Stiti oussama.stiti
Wed Jan 8 06:07:41 PST 2014

I have already enabled Hotspot2.0 with hs20=1 and all parameters for
802.11u, but it's not detected as a Passpoint certified Wi-Fi by my Samsung
S4. I don't understand what's the problem.

2014/1/8 Jouni Malinen <j at w1.fi>

> On Wed, Jan 08, 2014 at 10:43:16AM +0100, Oussama Stiti wrote:
> > I have added to my hostapd.conf : " vendor_elements=506f9a" and my
> hostapd
> > deamon doesn't work anymore, it displays me:
> > >Failed to set beacon parameters
> > >handle_probe_req: send: Resource temporarily unavailable
> >
> > Is it the right way to add the WiFi Alliance Vendor Specific attributes?
>
> No, that is not the way to enable Hotspot 2.0 advertisement. That is
> donewith hs20=1 as shown in the Hotspot 2.0 section in the example
> hostapd.conf file.
>
> --

*Oussama Stiti*

PhD Candidate in Computer Science, LIP6, Universit? Pierre et Marie Curie.
Paris.
Telecommunications R&D engineer at VirtuOR (www.virtuor.fr)

UPMC - LIP6
Couloir 25-26, ?tage 3, Bureau 316