Question on Online Configuration of Access Point

Muxi Yan ximuyan
Thu Dec 4 20:00:51 PST 2014

Hello all,

I would appreciate if I can get any help from you. I have been working on
combining hostapd with another program in OpenWRT. The other program uses
raw socket on the wireless interface; at the same time, we also hope to
configure the AP using the other program.

Our current method is to write the OpenWRT wireless configuration file and
restart the wireless interface. However the restart procedure temporarily
shutdown the wireless interface and then bring it up, which causes problem
on the socket side. I am wondering if there is any interface in hostapd I
can use to change the access point configuration without stopping it?

Thank you for any help :)

Thanks and regards,

Muxi Yan