How are multiple clients handled in hostapd?

Arend van Spriel arend
Mon Aug 11 02:01:22 PDT 2014

On 08/11/2014 10:27 AM, khali singh wrote:
> Hi
>
> When there are multiple simultaneous clients connecting to hostapd for
> authentication, is anything shared between them? Is there mutli
> threading for example or different processes?
>
> I use global variables at the top of the .C file containing my new EAP
> method. Is it possible that two connecting clients can write to each
> others data?
>
> For example the C file contains a variable called as a global variable
> u8 sessid[17];
>
> Can two simultaneous clients cause a problem?

Depends how that global variable is used. hostapd (and wpa_supplicant)
do not use threads (if I am not mistaken). Everything is executed from
an event loop. If all your code is executed from a single event you
should have no issue, but then again you also would not need a global
variable.

Regards,
Arend