Regression on rfkill handling

Tomasz Bursztyka tomasz.bursztyka
Fri Apr 25 04:15:21 PDT 2014

Hi,

> "On RF-kill, we should not request the kernel to start a P2P device."
>
> Well, afaik the kernel properly handles rfkill. So, to me, it's up to
> the kernel
> to handle that: you can ask to start the P2P device, it will do it or
> not depending on
> the rfkill status for that device. As it does for setting it up
> non-P2P device.

Just checked on kernel code, and in net/wireless/nl80211.c  function
nl80211_start_p2p_device()
(self-documented name here), it actually does check the rfkill status
before doing anything
via cfg80211_can_add_interface() function.

So the logic of this patch is broken, I will prepare a fix for it.

Tomasz